Chef Dez’s Greek BurgersPrint Print Without Images
These quarter-pound burgers are full of Greek flavours. Also included is Chef Dez’s recips for Greek Tzatziki – perfect for serving on the burgers!
These burgers are celiac friendly as they have no breadcrumb filler, and serve them wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of buns. Enjoy!
500g Lepp’s lean ground beef
1 large egg
7 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
100g feta cheese, crumbled
1 long English cucumber, grated
500g plain yogurt
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to season
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and divide equally into four portions. Shape each portion into a burger patty.
- On a preheated BBQ, grill the burgers over medium flame until cooked through or alternatively in a preheated pan over medium heat. Approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side but an instant read thermometer is the way to go: 71 degrees C or 160 degrees F.
- Serve with Tzatziki, and lettuce, and optional tomato on your favourite burger buns.
Makes 4 burgers
- Put grated cucumbers in a clean towel or cheesecloth and squeeze to remove moisture. (Do not peel the cucumbers, as the skin contributes colour and nutrients.)
- Place drained cucumbers in a bowl, and add all the other ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours for the flavours to marry.
Makes approximately 3 cups
Recipe created by Chef Dez