Chorizo and Aged Cheddar DipPrint Print Without Images
This dip is delicious with baguette slices, or for a gluten-free alternative, use corn tortilla chips.
½ lb of Lepp’s Smoked Chorizo sausage (small dice)
½ of a medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 block cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup grated aged white cheddar
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 heaping tsp of smoked paprika (regular paprika is fine if you don’t have smoked)
1 Tbsp olive oil
- Sauté chorizo over medium heat until fat renders out
- Add onions to pan and cook until starting to soften and brown
- Add garlic a cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure garlic doesn’t burn. Remove from heat.
- Add sausage & onion mixture to cream cheese along with cheese and paprika. Mix to combine.
- Spread into a small ovenproof ceramic baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees until bubbly
- Serve with baguette slices or tortilla chips for dipping