Farmer Sausage & Spinach Gnocchi (One-pan dinner!)Print Print Without Images
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ring Lepp’s Farmer or Turkey Farmer Sausage, approximately 1 lb.
- 1/4 cup red or white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. dried Italian herbs or seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- salt and pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans
- 1 package Italissima (16 ounces) gnocchi
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh spinach ~4-5 ounces
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: fresh parsley
Move a rack in your oven to the upper third of the oven and then preheat to 425 degrees F.
Put a large oven-safe skillet (I use a 12 inch Le Creuset braising pan, or a Lodge dutch oven skillet), on the stove at medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil.
Add in the chopped onion and stir until the onion is transparent — about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for another 30 seconds.
Coin the turkey sausage and add to the skillet along with the Italian seasoning and paprika. Cook over high heat until lightly browned or about 3-4 minutes.
Add in the wine or broth, deglazing the pan . Add undrained Italian diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, THOROUGHLY rinsed, drained, and dried cannellini beans, and uncooked gnocchi. Stir until everything is well combined. Gently stir in the spinach and make sure it’s covered with liquid.
Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and place in the oven
Bake for 17-22 minutes. If desired, turn on the broiler and then broil for another 2-3 minutes for a delicious crispy top. Remove from the heat, top with additional salt, pepper, and some chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy immediately.