Sausage and Apple Tray Bake
Version OnePrint Print Without Images
8 Lepp’s British Banger sausages (you
could substitute another fresh sausage but
it’s best to choose ones without a lot of distinct
1 tbsp olive oil
4 medium sized Yukon Gold Potatoes, or
7-8 nugget potatoes
1 garlic bulb, separated into cloves, peeled
and lightly bruised
fresh herbs – 4 sprigs rosemary or 2 Tbsp.
fresh thyme leaves
3-4 thick slices Lepp’s double smoked
bacon or 100g Lepp’s pancetta, diced
(ask the deli team to cut bacon slices to your
2 firm apples, cored and cut into wedges
¼ cup white wine
2 big handfuls baby spinach
- Preheat a large roasting pan in the oven to 425 degrees. Add the sausages to the pan; drizzle with the oil. Roast for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters. Transfer to a bowl with the garlic cloves, the fresh rosemary or thyme, the diced bacon or pancetta and apples; toss together.
- After the 10 minutes, add the potato mixture and wine to the sausages, in a single layer. Season with a little salt and lots of black pepper
- Return to the oven for 20-30 minutes, turning the sausages halfway, until everything is cooked through and golden.
- Remove from the oven, mix in the spinach and set aside for a couple of minutes to wilt.