Carrie’s Chicken EnchiladasPrint Print Without Images
When daughter Carrie announced that she “loved” enchiladas, Charlotte created this recipe for her.
1 roasted chicken, cut into bite-size pieces (approximately 3-4 cups)
1 large onion, diced
1 can chopped green chilies, drained
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
3-4 cups grated Tex Mex cheese, divided
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ cup sour cream
2 teaspoon Tex-Mex seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
8 tortilla shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion. Add remaining ingredients, but only half of the cheese.
- Spoon into tortilla shells. Roll up and place in baking dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese; or
- If preferred, place ½ cup of salsa in the bottom of the pan, and spoon the remainder over the enchiladas prior to adding cheese.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
* These can be frozen, unbaked. Thaw before cooking.