Roasted Corn and Feta SaladPrint Print Without Images
When you’re tired of corn on the cob, try Char’s favourite summer salad.
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
2 ears Lepp’s corn, shucked
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3/4 pound assorted ripe tomatoes, chopped into 1” chunks
1 can roasted green chilies, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Juice of 1 large lime (about 2 tablespoons)
1/4 pound feta (or goat) cheese, crumbled
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat a grill over medium heat.
2. Brush the zucchini and corn cobs with ½ tablespoon of the olive oil, and grill for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly charred and soft. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, tomatoes, green chilies, herbs, lime juice, and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
4. Chop the zucchini into 1/2” half moons, cut the corn kernels off the cobs, and add both to the bowl.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir to blend, and serve warm or at room temperature.