Smashed PotatoesPrint Print Without Images
This is more of a technique than an ingredient list…
1. Cook, steam or bake as many nugget or small, yellow potatoes as you think you will need, and preferably, let them cool.
2. Dump them onto a baking sheet, large enough with room for them to spread.
3. Using a plate or the heel of your hand, smash the potatoes until they have flattened and spread apart. If they spread too much, simply push them back into place.
4. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper, or any other seasoning spice you prefer, and then drizzle them liberally with extra virgin olive oil.
5. Lift up the edges so the oil gets under the potatoes.
6. Bake in a 400-425 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until they are nice and crispy!