Southwestern Creamed CornPrint Print Without Images
3 strips of Lepp’s double-smoked bacon, sliced into ¼ inch pieces
3 tbsp minced onion
1 canned chipotle pepper, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 cups fresh Lepp’s corn kernels (approximately 6 cobs)
1 medium red bell pepper, diced small (approximately 1 cup)
1.5 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup grated old cheddar
Juice of a half lime
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook the bacon pieces until cooked, but not crisp, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, chipotle, and garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cheddar and continue cooking while stirring until slightly thickened to desired consistency, approximately 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the fresh lime juice and serve immediately.
All of the ingredients listed are available at Lepp Farm Market.
Makes approximately 7 cups