Fire Roasted Corn and Black Bean SalsaPrint Print Without Images
Fantastic accompaniment at your next BBQ – great on grilled steak, chicken, and fish… or serve it as an appetizer with your favourite tortilla chips
2 cobs sweet corn, husks removed
1 large red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
1 medium red onion, sliced thick
2 tbsp canola oil
½ cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
¼ cup soft sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
¼ cup firmly packed finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Zest of 1 lime, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat your grill until hot.
- Toss the corn, red pepper, and onion with the canola oil to coat.
- Grill until mostly charred. Let cool.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cobs, and chop the red pepper and onion into small pieces. Transfer all to a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve!
Makes approximately 4 cups
**Chef Dez Variation on this recipe** – If you like goat cheese, try topping the steak with some Chevre from The Farm House Natural Cheeses and then top with this salsa – delicious!