The 5 Most Popular New Recipes of 2017
The 5 Recipes You Looked At the Most in 2017 (most visited in 2017)
Most popular Instagram posts of 2017:
Most popular Facebook Posts:
- Condolences for Willow View Farms – we are so touched by the response from our community for fellow Abbotsford farmers Murray and Cheryl Siemens who experienced a catastrophic fire on their farm this year. Charlotte posted her condolences for them on Facebook as soon as she heard what happened, and all of you were quick to add how sorry you were to hear about it as well. I just love our strong community support for its local farmers, and we’re all glad to see Willow View back on their feet!
- From the Farmer’s Field Event Announcement
- Beetle-RV post – we noticed a Beetle-RV parked in our lot in the summer and thought it might be a little bit creepy to take a photo of it without asking. So instead, we found an interior tour online that someone else had posted, and showed it to you on Facebook. You LOVED it. By far, this was a favorite post on Facebook this year.
- When we posted about the Corn Shack opening for the season – need I say more?
- Nanaimo bar macarons recipe – since it was Canada’s 150th birthday this summer, we were looking for some uniquely Canadian dessert ideas for you to bake, and this one was a hit.
- First of the season Castanho Orchard peaches
New farm endeavors of 2017
- Grew new varieties of pumpkins (pink & blue pumpkins!)
- Started raising turkeys in partnership with JD Farms
- Got our apple juice into a snazzy new package
New café endeavors of 2017:
- Installed a pizza oven, and started cooking pizzas on special days!
- Installed a deep fryer, so now we can do fish & chips and fried chicken
New locally farmed products we found and brought into the market in 2017:
- Began working directly with a local farmer in the summer to source fantastic quality romaine lettuce, kale, potatoes, and onions.
New Canadian made products we found and loved in 2017:
All available at Lepp Farm Market
- Smak Dab Mustards
A line of gourmet mustards made in Manitoba by a young Chef turned Entrepreneur
- Healthy Hooch
Kombucha made in Abbotsford by Olympic cyclists turned farmers
- Solecito Salsas
Authentic Mexican salsas made in North Vancouver – we love that it’s a fresh salsa, instead of canned!
- Habit Project
Cold-pressed juices made in Chilliwack, by a sister duo. Since it’s such a fresh product, we get a delivery on the days that the sisters juice, and only keep it in our fridge for 3 days (but sometimes you buy it up quicker than that!)