We’ve listed some of our favourite tried & true recipes in addition to sourcing some new ideas that we’d love to try. We hope that you get inspried and excited to take on Easter Weekend when you peruse these recipes, and find something that will make this time special for you and whoever you spend it with.
EASTER BRUNCH MENU IDEAS
- Karla’s SpecialTeas (product) – handcrafted in Mission, BC, these organic loose leaf teas carry a flavour like no other. Pick up a tin for your Easter host!
- Lavender Lemonade
- Schwarties Hashbrowns – a childhood family favourite of our produce manager, Brent.
- Lime & Poppyseed Fruit Salad – summer berries are by no means here yet, but with the sweet and tangy Lime & Poppyseed dressing this fruit salad is quite good in any season.
- Crepe Cake – I first attempted this cake last spring after seeing a recipe in Canadian Living and was quite surprised to find how easy it came together. Yes, it takes time and patience to make all of the crepes, but it doesn’t take an expert cake baker to get a gorgeous result.
- Lemon Lavender Tea Cookies
- Our own bakery has baked up paska and hot cross buns – we’re closed on Friday & Sunday, but stop in Thursday or Saturday to pick some up. If you missed out on the pre-order and find yourself with no paska, try this recipe from Mennonite Girls can cook!
EASTER DINNER MENU IDEAS
Try adapting your favourite cocktail or mimosa to include some kombucha, the fizzy fermented tea that’s great for gut health.
- Easter Ham – our ham is raised right behind the market on our farm, without the use of added hormones or routine antibiotics.
- Lamb – most lamb available in Canada comes from New Zealand, but we’re fortunate enough to have found a farm near Kamloops, BC that raises lamb!
- Our house-made turkey gravy & cranberry sauce is available all weekend in the deli – pick up as much or as little as you’d like! (product)
- Orzo Pasta Salad – add an extra little punch of flavour by adding capers to this dish
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Spiced Cauliflower with Tahini
- Carrot Cheese Cake
- Fraser Valley Gourmet Almond Crunch! New to our market, this product is handcrafted in Langley, BC. In addition to amazing taste, we love this treat because it doesn’t stick to your teeth!