Summer Berry & Lime Fruit SaladPrint Print Without Images
You can really use a combination of any fruit that’s in season, but I wouldn’t leave out the mango as the sweet creaminess of it pairs beautifully with the zesty lime juice in the poppyseed dressing. This makes a refreshing and beautiful summer dessert served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream! Or, make it an after school snack for the kids with some yogurt, instead.
- 2 large oranges (2/3 cup fresh orange juice and ½ teaspoon zest)
- 2 large lemons (1/3 cup fresh lemon juice and ½ teaspoon zest)
- 1 large lime (1 tablespoon juice and ½ teaspoon zest)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Tip: As poppy seeds can go rancid quite quickly, and a recipe usually only calls for a little bit at a time, I store mine in the freezer to maintain their freshness
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwis, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cups blueberries
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Bring the orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, lime zest and juice, and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until slightly thickened (about 5 minutes). Remove the dressing from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and poppyseeds. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add the sliced strawberries, sliced kiwis, grapes, blueberries, diced mangoes, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss the ingredients together.
- Return to the fridge to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve after the salad has been chilled, lightly tossing once more.